1973 A Study of Prisoners and Guards Article Review
Or get it used now for:
Journal Article Review Outline
*Don’t forget to include a cover page and works cited page
- Independent Variable
- Dependent Variable
- Control Group
- Experimental Group
- Research Method
- Data Collection Technique
- Sample (size, breakdown, where were they found)
- Population – are the findings generalizable to that population? -
- Did they prove their hypothesis? Explain.
- Extraneous Variables
- Research Flaws
- What could have been done more efficiently?
- Could the study be replicated?
- Does more research need to be done? Explain.
- What directions should later research take in this area?
- Generalizability – Can the research be generalized to the entire population or a smaller group?
- What did you think of the study design. (Be careful not to refer to yourself in the 1st person. Try to either state information as if it is fact OR use phrases like “In this writers opinion”)
- What did you think of the findings. (Be careful not to refer to yourself in the 1st person. Try to either state information as if it is fact OR use phrases like “In this writers opinion”)
- What might you have done different (Be careful not to refer to yourself in the 1st person. Try to either state information as if it is fact OR use phrases like “In this writers opinion”)
- Please write a citation for this article in the following APA format:
Author, (year). Title. Journal Name. Volume # (Edition #). Pg# - pg#.
* Use full sentence format (not one work answers or bullet points)
** Please be as detailed as you can be. A simple one-sentence response for the more detailed questions will not be accepted.
… in the experiment as the ‘single treatment variable’ which relates to the the different roles … were debriefed and their experiences were recorded. One interesting aspect of the data collection … different reactions on behavioral measures of interaction, emotional measures of mood state and ... are many validity issues in question such as the ratio of guards to prisoners and lack of violence that is ...