- What is your name?
- Where are you from?
- What is an interesting fact about you (for example, any special talents or interests)?
- What are you studying? Why?
- How is public speaking or presenting relevant to you, either personally or professionally?
- Any military experience? what did you do?
- Share your last public speaking experience, was it good, bad?
- What would you like to get out of this class?
My name is (your name) and I am from California. I work in the military contracting industry and have been involved with the military both in service and on the civilian side for many years. I am seeking to improve my public speaking skills because in my industry it is necessary for managers to provide presentations for new ideas and to solve problems. My current public speaking experience has been limited to presentations in school and at work but these are mostly for information transmission and not persuasion. My experiences with public speaking have been good up to this point. I am hoping that by improved my public speaking skills I will be able to excel in a management position at my job.